Criminal DefenseDefending the Accused Since 1971
Facing Criminal Charges? Trust an Experienced Spring Hill Criminal Lawyer to Wage a Strong Defense on Your Behalf
Our dedicated criminal attorneys fight to minimize penalties
Criminal charges can have life-changing consequences. Even minor misdemeanor charges can keep you from getting an apartment, working with children, or getting the job you want, setting off a chain of events that can undermine your career trajectory and your financial stability. Something as simple as a shoplifting charge as a teenager, or driving without a license can cause you trouble for years to come.
Our experienced Spring Hill criminal defense lawyers aggressively fight your charges. We work hard to keep your record clean and protect your future. The experienced criminal defense attorneys at Carlson, Meissner, Hart and Hayslett. P.A. are on your side. We create the strongest case possible to help you avoid criminal penalties and protect your freedom.
Misdemeanors and felonies
Criminal charges are classified as either misdemeanors or felonies, and the classification will determine the type of penalties you might face. Some charges have mandatory minimum fines and jail time. Therefore, if convicted, you will serve the minimum, but possibly much more. Misdemeanor charges can include:
- Driving without a license
- DUI – Driving under the influence
- Larceny under $1000
- Drug offenses
Felony charges can include:
- Sexual assault
- Larceny over $1,000
Charges may be further classified according to the circumstances involved. For example, if your actions lead to someone’s death, you can be charged with manslaughter or murder, depending on your intentions and the weapon you used. You can be charged with first-degree murder if there is reason to believe that you committed the act with forethought and malice.
We handle all types of criminal cases
- DUI – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol carries serious consequences if convicted. Our DUI lawyers fight to dismiss the charges by showing you were not legally intoxicated, or were not otherwise responsible for the accident.
- Multiple DUI – For each subsequent DUI conviction, you face additional jail time and other stiff penalties. Our Spring Hill criminal attorneys fight to clear your record and minimize penalties.
- Underage DUI – Not only have you been charged with driving while under the influence, but you are also charged with using substances illegally as a minor. We may be able to undermine the proof of the charges, or get reduced penalties like probation or community service.
- Drug crimes – We represent clients on charges ranging from simple possession to trafficking. We tailor a strategic defense based on the specifics of your case.
- Theft – Like drug crimes, theft charges can vary from simple shoplifting to grand theft auto or grand larceny.
- Arson – Arson is a serious charge on its own, but if anyone is injured or killed, you face even stiffer penalties. We thoroughly review the evidence to show doubt of your guilt.
- Weapons charges – Whether you are charged of carrying a gun without a permit or selling a weapon, we explore every defense possibility.
- Sex crimes – We represent clients accused of statutory rape, sexual assault, and other sex crimes.
- Traffic violations – Traffic violations range from simple speeding to street racing. Your defense can include challenging the traffic equipment used to monitor you, to showing other driver negligence.
- Red light tickets – Red light tickets have become a point of confusion and aggravation for Tampa Bay area drivers. If you have questions about red light tickets and how they affect your driving record, click here for more information.
- Violation of probation – We’ll fight the charge to help you avoid jail time or extend your probation.
With more than 150 years of combined experience, our Spring Hill criminal attorneys protect your best interests. We thoroughly review your case and help you understand all the options available. Don’t risk your future by facing a serious criminal charge alone. We can help.
How a criminal case can be challenged
Our Spring Hill criminal defense attorneys provide sound options for defending your case based on years of experience and expertise. Our lawyers can challenge the way evidence was handled in your case or show that a search on your property (including your vehicle and your home) was improperly or illegally performed. Our lawyers show you were not read your rights, or were subject to unethical questioning practices, causing you to incriminate yourself. Our criminal defense lawyers also question the reliability of witnesses.
There are many complex laws regarding how you can be searched and when, how you can be arrested, how you can be questioned, and so on. Our attorneys thoroughly review your case to ensure that all of these laws were followed to the letter. Any mistakes will be used to have your case thrown out or to have the charges reduced.
Our tough Spring Hill criminal defense attorneys are committed to getting results for you
Whether you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges, the experienced team of Spring Hill criminal defense lawyers at Carlson, Meissner, Hart and Hayslett,P.A. are on your side. Our goal is to get your charges dismissed or work out a plea agreement without you ever having to go to court. Call us today at (352) 247-4400 to find out how we can help or contact us online. We have 5 Tampa Bay area locations to serve you.